- Babies born with half a heart can grow a whole one.
- You can now map your genes for $1,000.
- A new test can test a tumor sample for 280 different genetic mutations suspected of driving tumor growth.
- Cancer tumors turn off the immune system; now drugs can turn it back on.
- iPhone app lets doctors take an electrocardiogram just about anywhere.
- Gene therapy has the potential to cure lethal diseases by enabling normal genes to take over for defective ones.
Entire article on medical innovations in the WSJ.