What happens if you don’t pay your taxes? People who commit tax fraud can face big fines and even imprisonment. Then there is this:
Depending on where you live, if you shirk on your taxes, you might:
- have your medical or law license suspended;
- be denied a hunting or fishing license;
- have your passport revoked;
- have your driver’s license suspended, and your renewal of your vehicle registration denied;
- be deported;
- be denied housing assistance;
- be barred from a government contract and government employment;
- have your liquor license revoked (if you’re a restaurant).
And perhaps most crushingly, you can:
- be denied the right to operate a concession, ride or booth at Minnesota’s annual state fair.