- Virtual Care: Doctors in remote ‘command centers’ are increasingly keeping tabs on vital signs of patients in intensive-care units.
- Medical Detectives: Got a hard-to-diagnosis ailment? Patients can now post their symptoms online and offer a reward for a diagnosis from a host of doctors.
- Doctor on Demand: You can have a virtual consultation with a physician for nonemergency medical issues.
- Personal Care: Bedside tablets let hospital patients text the nurse. Patients can check their own charts and lab results.
- Transparency: New insurance tools let patients compare the price of care between hospitals and calculate out-of-pocket costs.
More on the WSJ.