Source: Avik Roy.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to receive more great content just like it.
Subscribe via RSS Feed
Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed
Death spiral, yay!
Of course, it was bound to happen!
Yup and this data supports it
and to help the death spiral along, we owe it to our youth to explain:
1. All insurance implies a loss in expectation value, on average.
2. All insurance disfavors risk-takers in favor of the risk-averse.
3. Insurance is a religion that many, including Jesus (Matt 6), the Amish and Mennonites, and other sensible folks consider anathema to proper human life.
4. Insurance carries “moral hazard” that causes folks to drive faster, disdain seatbelts, eat fast-food, drink milk, eat white bread, have sex and breed like crazy. All sorts of bad behavior.
5. Young folks use 1/6 the health care of old folks, yet pay 1/3 the premium. Young men use 5/9 the health care of young women, yet pay the same Obamacare premium.
6. You do not EVER have to pay the Obamatax for not carrying health insurance. You just need to maintain control of your tax withholding until you die, so as NEVER to leave a dollar on the IRS table. Wait for whole industries to spring up to help you manage your withholding.
Few people in the media seem to be paying attention to this.
They’re not being paid to
Hopefully Fox will pick it up
Of course young people don’t want it. They don’t get sick easily.
Maybe the obama administration will release a flu that forces to
Look how those numbers shift from uninsured into ACA as the people get older and sicker.
Isn’t it frightening?
Not as much as living without health insurance!
“Cost Increases Likely”
Beep! Beep! Understatement alert!
understatement of the century
Isn’t that the truth
Get Health Alerts by Email: